The City Mental Health Alliance is a membership organisation that works with senior leaders in large businesses, typically from the financial, legal, professional services and technology sector, to help transform their workplaces into mentally healthy environments.
Our vision is to create mentally healthy workplaces and inspire health creation in businesses across the UK.
We aim to
The CMHA works hand in hand with members, at leadership and operational level, to facilitate change and embed good mental health practice within workplaces in a sustainable and measurable way. It does this via a three-step process:
- Socialising mental health into the business – e.g. increasing understanding of mental health, challenging any stigma and fostering a culture of openness within a workplace
- Developing the skills and mental health literacy of all our members’ employees, from Board level to early careers – e.g. providing all employees with the appropriate language and confidence to talk about mental health, as well as facilitating training and sharing best practice around necessary skills and proven interventions
- Sustaining and embedding the transformation – e.g. helping to ensure that good mental health practice is led and owned by business leaders and becomes integrated into the business’s strategic priorities
The CMHA is a solutions-focused organisation. Its strength lies in the unique collaboration of our members, working together to draw upon the vast pool of knowledge and experience from across business, and with guidance from our expert advisory board, to find, test and deliver solutions that work for our members.
This collaborative approach of the CMHA community has resulted in the creation of pioneering business led and expert guided solutions and interventions. This includes CMHA Guide to Thriving at Work; our independent Thriving at Work Assessment; the launch of the Thriving From The Start network, designed to support people in their early careers; tailored training sessions; and multiple series of informative business led events and resources.
- Allen & Overy
- Bank of America Merill Lynch
- Bank of England
- BNY Mellon
- City of London Corporation
- Goldman Sachs
- Hogan Lovells
- Latham & Watkins
- Legal & General
- Lloyds Banking
- London Stock Exchange Group
- MHFA England
- Morgan Stanley
- Slaughter and May
- White & Case