This new initiative builds on the inspiring impact of the collaboration that is This is Me – in the City, whose mission is:
Committed to changing attitudes towards mental health in the City: Organisations collaborating to build inclusive workplace cultures. Reducing stigma, dispelling myths and improving employee wellbeing for good.
The stigma of mental health is such a huge issue in organisations and for individuals and we want to address this. We are asking organisations to invite their employees to wear a green ribbon as a visible sign of support and to help destigmatise mental health by:
- Creating a visible movement of support for ending the stigma
- Showing those struggling that there is support and they are not alone
- Demonstrating the level of support for this issue in your organisation
- Encouraging people to share their story and to create an inclusive cultures workplace.
Over 30 organisations are already interested in taking part, including Bank of England, Baker McKenzie, Deutsche Bank, Aberdeen Asset Management and UBS.
Why The Green Ribbon Campaign and why now?
Based on a successful concept by PwC, we carried out some market research with over 60 companies to develop the campaign:
- 100% of organisations surveyed said they would consider rolling out the green ribbon in their organisations.
- 97% of organisations surveyed said the green ribbon will show employees who have mental health problems that colleagues do care and want to support them.
- 92% of organisations surveyed said they would use the ribbons to help promote their This is Me activity.
- 74% think it fits well with / will helping amplify the messages of:
-reducing the stigma of mental health and/or
-dispel the myths around mental health in the workplace and/or
-help build inclusive workplace cultures to improve employee wellbeing.
To join the 30 organisations already keen to take part, order your ribbons now!